How to Find a Natural Gas Contractor
Most people tend to find contractors through word-of-mouth. You may be asking neighbouring business owners, members of business associations or your local Business Improvement Areas for recommendations. You can also check online or the Yellow Pages under the categories “heating contractors” or “natural gas contractors.”
You can now take the investigation work out and choose one of Enbridge’s Authorized contractors.
Enbridge’s Authorized Contractors
Enbridge Gas New Brunswick has selected these specialized natural gas contractors as our Authorized Contractors:
Greater Fredericton Region
139 Route 105
Tel: (506) 472- 2665
85 Sunset Drive
Tel: (506) 444-4663
Greater Moncton Region
Bob’s Heating & Cooling
70 A Loftus St
E-Zee Gas Services
40 Jadvo Street
Each Enbridge Authorized Contractor is:
- A qualified HVAC contractor licensed and registered with New Brunswick Public Safety.
- ISNET certified.
- Trained alongside our service and operations people to carry out procedures according to strict codes and standards that cover everything from the distribution of natural gas to the inspection of equipment in homes/buildings.
- Authorized to perform the installation and service of equipment and appliances for Enbridge’s Rental Program.
- Backed by Enbridge’s experience and excellent safety record of providing customers with safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to homes and businesses.
All Enbridge Representatives Wear a Visible Identification Card
Any Enbridge representative that comes to your door will be carrying an ID card that is visible and displays the Enbridge logo, the representative's name, their photo and their company’s name. If a person claims to be from Enbridge or an Authorized Contractor for Enbridge but cannot produce valid ID:
- Do not allow them into your home
- Do not provide any natural gas billing information (an Enbridge representative will never ask to see your bill)
- Do not sign any document presented to you
- You can also contact us for more information
How do I know if a contractor is qualified to install or work on natural gas equipment?
In New Brunswick, qualified HVAC contractors must be licensed and registered with New Brunswick Public Safety.
If you’ve chosen a contractor that’s not on the Enbridge Authorized Contractor list, you can verify a contractor's registration, by calling the New Brunswick Public Safety at (506) 453-2740, Monday-Friday, 8:15am – 4:30pm (excluding holidays).
Questions to ask when you are interviewing contractors
Before you ask them to provide an estimate for the work, you should ask them:
- What trade associations they belong to.
- How long they’ve been in business.
- Their warranty and maintenance coverage on equipment and labour.
- How much liability insurance coverage they carry.
- Whether they offer financing or leasing programs if you’re interested in them.
- Local references that you could call to see if they were satisfied with the contractor’s work.
- Going through this interview process will help give you a better impression of who you are hiring and how they propose to work with you.