Emergencies and Customer Care: 1-800-994-2762

Need a Contractor?

How to Find a Natural Gas Contractor

Most people tend to find contractors through word-of-mouth. You may be asking for business owners, members of business associations or your local Business Improvement Areas for recommendations. You can also check the Yellow Pages under the categories "heating contractors" or "natural gas contractors." 

Liberty Authorized Contractors

Liberty has selected these specialized natural gas contractors:

Greater Fredericton Region

CES Capitol Energy Services Inc.


230 Kingsley Road
Fredericton, NB E3G 6E5 

Tel: (506) 443-9114
Email:  capitolenergyservices@rogers.com


ATR Mechnical Ltd.


75 Whiting Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 5Y5 

Tel: (506) 262-2228
Email:  ricky.cyr@atrmechanical.ca

Greater Moncton Region

Bob's Heating & Cooling


70 Loftus St.
Moncton, NB E1E 2N2

Tel: (506) 857-3217
Email: service@bobsheating.ca



Codiac Gas Works And Mechanical Services Inc.
124 Reade Street
Moncton, NB E1C 6S2
Tel: (506) 204-1907
Email: operations@codiacgasworks.com


Legacy Gas Works Inc.

190 Barker St.

Moncton, NB E1C 9T7

Tel:  (506) 389-1981

Email: Office@LegacyGasWorks.ca


Saint John

E-Zee Gas Services


200 Carmarthen Street
Saint John, NB E2N 2P7

Tel: (506) 650-0932
Email: info@ezeegas.com


Reliable Heating & Mechanical LTD.


48 Hatheway Crescent Unit 4

Saint John NB E2M 5V3

Tel: (506) 214-9276

Email: bradley.hoy@reliablemechanicalservice.com

Each Liberty Authorized Contractor is:

  • A licensed contractor registered with the Province of New Brunswick Department of Public Safety.
  • ISNET certified.
  • Trained alongside our service and operations people to carry out procedures according to strict codes and standards that cover everything from the distribution of natural gas to the inspection of equipment in homes/buildings.
  • Authorized to perform the installation and service of equipment and appliances for Liberty's Rental Program.

All Liberty Representatives Wear a Visible Identification Card

All Liberty representatives will be carrying an ID card that displays the Liberty logo, the representative's name, their photo and their company's name. If they do not have a visible identification card:

  • Do not allow them into your home
  • Do not provide any natural gas billing information (a Liberty representative will never ask to see your bill)
  • Do not sign any document presented to you
  • You can also contact us for more information

How do I know if a contractor is qualified to install or work on natural gas equipment?

In New Brunswick, qualified contractors must be licensed and registered with the Province of New Brunswick Department of Public Safety.

If you have chosen a contractor, you can check it out by calling the New Brunswick Public Safety at (506) 453-2740, Monday-Friday, 8:15 am - 4:30 pm (excluding holidays).

Questions to ask when you are interviewing contractors

Before you ask for an estimate for the work, you should ask them:

  • What trade associations they belong to.
  • How long they've been in business.
  • Their warranty and maintenance coverage on equipment and labor.
  • How much liability insurance coverage they carry.
  • Whether they offer financing or leasing programs if you're interested in them.
  • Local references that you could call to see if they were satisfied with the contractor's work.
  • Going through this interview will give you a better impression of who you are hiring and how they propose to work with you.